With the introduction of M365 Copilot, Microsoft is fundamentally changing the way we use technology to collaborate with colleagues. It will help employees be more productive by reducing administrative tasks, whilst also helping them be more creative and allowing them to focus on what makes a difference in their organisations.
Related Blog Posts »
Positioning businesses to get the most out of AI, and Copilot in particular, is a key requirement for many organisations right now. With our deep understanding of the Microsoft eco-system, Symity are perfectly placed to provide consultancy and guidance around Copilot and the different work streams needed to maximise value from this technology.
As well as helping our customers understand what M365 Copilot is, and how to get the most from it, we can provide:
- Organisational readiness assessments and pilot programs
- User profiling to identify which use cases offer maximum benefit
- Security and compliance planning and implementation
- SharePoint and Teams data lifecycle assessments
- Training and adoption best practices to ensure staff get the most from Copilot
- Post-implementation monitoring and optimisation
M365 Copilot readiness workshops will be available from Q3/Q4 2023.
To learn more and for any questions, get in touch with Jamie Wheeldon, Chief Architect at Symity.
In the meantime, watch our recent recording below which answers some frequently asked questions from customers we have heard so far, as well as a detailed overview of the M365 Copilot architecture: